Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's time to say ta ta...

to the ta-ta's!

YES...surgery is scheduled for July 26.  I will get a phone call on the 25th telling me what time to arrive.  I went for my pre-care visit yesterday and everything is set.

I will be having a bilateral mastectomy, a lymph node dissection on my right side only, and then tissue expanders placed by the plastic surgeon.  I will stay in the hospital for two nights and then we will head home to let the healing begin.   

Am I anxious and afraid?  Of course I am and I could let my mind run wild, but instead I choose to keep my faith and trust in the Lord!  He has reminded me in so many ways, sometimes more than once a day, that I don't have to worry about tomorrow, much less surgery a week from today. From phone calls and cards, to devotions and strangers who offer a hug and prayers, I continue to see God at work all around me and I am blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people!

I am claiming and clinging to God's word today and in the days to come. 

"See, God has come to save me!  I will trust and not be afraid, for the Lord is my strenghth and song; he is my salvation."      Isaiah 12:2

"O my people, trust him all the time.  Pour our your longings before him, for he can help!"     Psalms 62:8

Dear friends please continue to lift me up, as well as my doctors and my family (because I'll admit, I am not a good patient).

I do promise to be better at keeping you posted after surgery, just disregard anything I say that may be out of character! I hear I'll be getting some pretty good pain meds! :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love you and I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, your beautiful family and your capable surgeons, Suzanne! Your faith and your strength will see you through! Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you! thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're gonna do great! Keep preaching to yourself :) Prayers going up from here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne,

    It's been a while since I've read an update, so I'm catching up! This post in particular gave me chills as I remembered all too well how overwhelmed Clint and I were earlier this year at the outpouring of love and support we experienced....from those we love, those we know, but more surprising and humbling, from those we didn't know. I still get emotional when I think about it! So happy you are experiencing the same power of love and support from others - the affects are so healing!

    Much love,

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete