Thursday, March 1, 2012

A little background...

Although I first noticed a lump in my right breast back in December, it wasn't until February 16, that I decided to "face the lions." I was never a faithful, monthly, give yourself a breast exam kind of girl, but something made me check in December and I felt something. It was near that good old time of the month, so I didn't think much about it. December was busy, the new year came and my Dad was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, there were just more important things going on!
It was still there though, every time I would check. To be honest, I was starting to worry! So when I click to open my daily devotional from Homeward, the morning of February 16, the title was "Surviving the Lions." Of course, this devotional was about Daniel and how he ended up the lions den and though we will not actually face real lions, we all face hard times in our life. The last line of the devotion said this:
With your trust placed firmly in God and His power to deliver, you too can survive the "lions" you face.
As soon as the clock read 8:00am, I was on the phone with my doctor's office making an appointment to face my "lion." I was able to get an appointment for the following morning, a Friday, and my doctor felt exactly what I had been feeling. A mammogram and ultrasound were scheduled for Monday, February 20.
This is where MY story begins, which surprised me, my family, and my friends, but this was not a surprise to my God!
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. You will find me when you seek me, if you look for me in earnest."
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

1 comment:

  1. HI Suzane. I don't know if you really know me or not...Leslee Holt from SHS...I read about this from Kristy's facebook page and have been praying for you. This is definitely a testimony of God's work in your life. Thank you for sharing and many prayers are with you through this time. God IS at work!

    ReplyDelete