Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Praise the Lord

Monday morning started early with a 7:30am lab appointment.  Since this was the first time my port would be accessed, it took quite a while, but I think I am already in love with my power port!  We saw Dr. Irvin, since sweet Dr. Muss was on a cruise!  I gave Dr. Irvin a quick "hello, nice to meet you, do you have my MRI results?"   We could tell he didn't know about that, no fault of his own, he quickly looked it up and said "oh, liver looked great."  Well, in my mind, he read it a little too quickly, so I asked him to read it to me again and slowly, "Liver has a normal appearance, etc, etc, etc."  Liver and normal were all I needed to hear to throw my hands in the air and Praise the Lord! 

We tweaked a few meds to hopefully make this week post-chemo go a little smoother.  We wrapped it up pretty quickly and headed up to infusion.  Chair 27 this week, sweet Patty got us started again and then Stephanie took care of us the rest of the day!  All in all it was smooth sailing.  The port made it much more comfortable, no burning, my arms were free to move, it was just great! 

I felt pretty good for the first part of the afternoon, but then it hit with the on and off headache and nausea for the rest of the night!   Lucky for me it came and went, which allowed me to visit with some sweet friends who brought us several meals to keep our fridge stocked this week!  Thank you sweet Sandie, Laurie and Mary Louise, for the delicious food and the visit!

Friends,  I can't thank you enough for your prayers and support.  Last week was an emotional roller coaster when I heard the news about my liver MRI, much like the past month has been since I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  There have been times when I have been so overwhelmed, I felt I didn't even have the words to pray, so please know how much comfort I have felt knowing so many friends and family members have been lifting me up! I am blessed beyond measure by your love, support and prayers!   


No comments:

Post a Comment