Thursday, March 1, 2012

One down...

After feeling completely sick to my stomach and being an emotional wreck for most of the day, meeting Dr. L, a surgeon at Randolph Hospital,  made it all go away!  This was my first appointment after being told I had breast cancer!  I would now get the chance to ask my questions and hopefully find out more. 

Clinically (based on my mammogram, ultrasound, and biopsy) they say I have stage 2-B breast cancer in my right girl and my lymph nodes are involved.  Don't ask me much about what that means, as my "breast cancer dictionary" is my friend and though I am happy to look it up for you, we are still learning all the lingo.  I'll be honest, in my mind, I know there are four stages and mine was a two, so I'll take it!

Dr. L shared with us several possible plans, but until they had my hormone receptors back from the pathologist and they had a tumor conference about me, it was too soon to make a plan of attack. 

At the end of the day Friday, I could only feel thankful!  I was a wreck that morning and if I hadn't had that appointment, I would have been a wreck ALL WEEKEND!  I asked my questions, found out a few more answers, and was happy to have my first ever appointment with a surgeon behind me. 

Afterwards, we had a wonderful fun Friday at the Inman's and I was given my first bag of "pink goodies!  A scarf, a t-shirt "Big or Small, Let's save them ALL," and a pink ribbon flag for my front steps!  I LOVED it because we are embracing the pink and supporting breast cancer research in any way we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment